[ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

ravenrux at cox.net ravenrux at cox.net
Wed Apr 21 09:13:51 PDT 2004

Hear! Hear!

Masamune who is both a herald and an archer
From: Tim McDaniel <tmcd at panix.com>
Date: 2004/04/21 Wed AM 11:14:23 EDT
To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,  Inc." <heralds at ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Bob Dewart <gilli at hot.rr.com> wrote:
> Archery costs less than all those reference books.

True enough, and it's a worthy sport, but how many dancers have you
lost in the tall grass, never to be seen again?  And I've rarely
gotten large forearm bruises from dancing.

Other reasons why dancing is better than heraldry:

You never stare at a stack of paper and realize that you have ten
hours to do 300 dances.

You don't have people come up to you and say, "I have this dance I've
choreographed.  It has some gypsy steps, and some steps from Japanese
kabuki, and some belly dancing."

OK, they probably do, but you can tell them "no, I'm not touching it",
and they just have to go away.  Nobody can force you to do it, or look
at it, or say its name.

You can quit as dance instructor and your group won't get dissolved
for lacking one of A&S/marshal/herald.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address