[ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Wed Apr 21 15:34:58 PDT 2004

Daniel,

You are an evil man whose humor I almost appreciate as much as I do your
service.  The fact that I almost snorted Dr. Pepper out my nose when
reading your description of Cthulu guarding the Book of the Herald in no
wise diminishes my laughter at the description.  But, based on your take on
the Book, I think you need to know why I laughed so hard.

The Book of the Herald has an editor assigned and it is not Cthulu.  Baron
Robert Fitzmorgan is working on it for me as a staff position
(unwarranted), he actually started during Rosalia's term.  I am allowing
him to use the title of Forerynel Pursuivant as editor.  As an interesting
aside, Mistress Rosalia looked through the files to figure out what a
Forerynel could be before handing over the office of principal herald to
me.  Turns out that when it was registered, the desired meaning was
"Morning Star."  So, in an obscure sense, Ansteorra has assigned the
Lucifer Herald to edit the book.

I was also really amused by your note that:  "The traditional step-down
position of Star Principal Herald is "working on the Book of the Herald",
after which we don't hear much about them ever again."  Particularly in
light (no pun intended) of the fact that the Star Emeritus position is the
Sable Roundel (Black Hole) Herald.

Now that I can breathe again, I am going to go blow my nose and pack up to
go home.

Etienne
Star