[ANSTHRLD] A call to all Heralds...

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Apr 22 12:41:58 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
> Rosalia wrote:
>
> > So, now I am Cthulu guarding the Book of The Herald?
> > Just because it is currently in my house .......geeze give a black
> > hole a break!
>
> OK -- we've had a lot of fun, but it's time to remember that we are
> heralds, and we have an important job to do.
>
> To which end, I must point out the the name is properly spelled
> Cthulhu, with two "h"s.  The "Cthulu" spelling is rejected because
> it is not consistent with the supporting documentation.

To continue in the same serious vein: the CoA no longer uses the term
"rejected", due to the connotations of rejection.  The earliest LoAR
that I have conveniently to hand, the January 1986 LoAR, uses
"returned", which is short for "returned for further work".

And it would not be returned.  Rosalia did not indicate that she will
not accept major or minor changes.  Accordingly, we are free to
correct it.

Listed in the message as <Cthu_l_u>, the documentation showed
<Cthu_lh_u>.  We have made this correction.

Daniel "How are Cthulhu, Gandhi, and Loch Soilleir alike?" de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address