[ANSTHRLD] documentation help...

mattias at playbard.com mattias at playbard.com
Mon Apr 26 13:24:37 PDT 2004

I pretty much gave you all the information they provided to me as a
submission on their forms. The first one simply is "Robert of Galloway"
and he told me that he wanted to be english. I was certain I could find a
google search but my question was geared more toward providing the correct
documentation that would lead to a successful registration.

The second is a descriptive and I was not clear on that I apologize. The
whole name on that is "Rixende la Serin Noir". I had the same concerns
about taking a simple translated phrase and trying to make it a name, and
that was How I came to ask the question. Again I was trying to broaden my
own knowledge to provide the best service to those that wish to have the
names they feel best represent them while keeping with proper SCA
herladirc documentation. I know others have registered names that are
descriptive and was wondering on how do I document this given that I am
not familiar with a resource which lists what is appropriate as a
descriptive name and what is not.

In both cases the submitters just stated the names, spelled them out and
told me their time periods and places.
It would certainly make my job easier to send the submissions up without
having to do this, but I feel that Asterisk at least deserves some sort of
explaination or research from my local level then a blanket " well thats
just what they wanted".

I was under the impression that I was supposed to ensure each submission
had either an approved book/page or three references from different
sources.
If I am going beyond the call of duty please let me know so I don't waste
my time or anyone else's.

Thanks,
Mattias