[ANSTHRLD] documentation help...

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue Apr 27 16:17:17 PDT 2004

> Is she absolutely married to the given name?
>
> Morlet I, page 189 has something similar, but as Mari said not that
> exact name.
>
> S.n.  Ricsindis:
> Ricsinda a. 938
> Ricsendis a.988-1031
> Ricsenna 870
> *Rixendis a.1064-79
> Richisindis a. 1050
> Richisenna a.1045

Okay.  This is a real sign that I was waaaaay too tired to be digging through
Morlet last night.  I honestly missed these.  Sigh.  I thought I'd looked under
all the logical headings.  I guess my eyes glazed over in all the spellings of
<Richildis>.

Thanks for catching these, Maridonna!

Is the <Rixendis> spelling marked with an asterisk in the text or did you put
in the asterisk to draw attention to this spelling?

<Rixendis> is probably Latin.  But it does give some support to <Rixend-> being
a period form.  I don't know what a vernacular form would be.  Whether it would
be <Rixende> or not.  It could well be.  Now we're getting into period French
dialectical stuff and that's not my forte/.

It looks like there's enough support for <Rixende> to be submitted - maybe
registered (depends on what commenters who know tons about dialectical stuff
say along the way).

It's been ages since I've written the text for a submission.  But I can picture
good text for the ILoI / LoI entry.  I've typed that in below in case you want
to use it as a summary page or something for this submission.

Hope this helps,

Mari

-------------------

The format I usually use is:
[submitted form] - [what is this word/name element] [where did we find this
name] [why we think it's registerable, including documentation for period
examples, etc. - sometimes this section is unnecessary if the documentation
shows a solid period example of this name element used as the submitter wants
to use it]

      - - - - - - - - - - -

Rixende - feminine given name found in "Names from Fourteenth Century Foix" by
Cateline de la Mor (http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/cateline/foix.html).  Also
found in "Names from Thirteenth Century Languedoc" by Cateline de la Mor
(http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/cateline/languedoc.html).  Some of the names in
these articles are modernized and we cannot tell if the spelling "Rixende" is
modernized or not.  Morlet I (p. 189 s.n. Ricsindis) dates the
spellings "Ricsinda" to a. 938 and "Rixendis" to a. 1064-79, lending some
support to the spelling "Rixende" as a period vernacular form.

[If you go with this text, you'll need to print out the relevant pages from
Cateline's two articles and include those pages with the submission.]

[If the submitter happens to have a preferred "fallback" spelling she wants
if "Rixende" isn't registerable, then this is a good place to note that.]