[ANSTHRLD] Dutch name help

Steve K. Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Mon Aug 30 23:00:35 PDT 2004

I have a client who wishes to have a 15th Century Dutch name. Using information found at http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/dutch15.html he has decided on a given name of Elrick which is dated between 1478 and 1481, and a surnname of van Licht found at http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/dutch15surnames.html which dates it from 1478.

My problem lies in that he wishes to add the descriptive "een breedsprakig" which he found in a Dutch-English dictionary. "Een breedsprakig" according to his dictionary means long-winded.  I have no idea if "van Lichteenbreedsprakig" would even be a registerable name.

Does anyone have any idea if this is a possible name or should I send him back to the drawing board? I've already had to steer him away from wanting to register "Elrick van Lichteensteen".

Domhnall

---