[ANSTHRLD] Blazoning help and a question about grandfathering

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Aug 13 09:05:26 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:07:42PM -0500, Steve K. Rourke wrote:
> Any suggestions on how this should be blazoned or redrawn so as to pass?
> http://www.geocities.com/dohmnall_oruairc/Elizabeth.gif
> Would the blazon be "Per bend raguly Or and purpure, a bow and two arrows couchant in base dexter Or."

I'd blazon this as "unblazonable", sorry. It's extremely difficult to
get both two arrows and a bow in a position that's blazonable (in one
group, that is).

If an archery motif is what is desired, why not try pheons (arrow
heads)? It's far more period, and FAR less used in SCA armory than the
usual "two arrows and a bow" motif.

-Emma

--
Jennifer Smith