[ANSTHRLD] Call for Apps - Bordure Herald

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:32:44 PST 2004

>Applications are now open for the office of Bordure Herald.  Applications
>are due to the Star Principal Herald, the current office holder, and a copy
>to the Asterisk Herald no later than March 21 (the Monday after Gulf Wars).

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

The job is easy with a little bit of the editor in you, general organization
skills, and the ability to meet deadlines.

I have had a great group of people to call upon to vet what I have done and
tell me what I missed:

Daniel de Lincoln
Magnus von Lubeck
Alden Drake

as well as the timley sending of the files I needed for the packets from
Asterisk (whomever she happened to be), as well as last minute scans or info
to finalize the LoI's

I would especially like to note the help Daniel has given in doing the stunt
verbage for some of the more obscure aspects of the submissions that I have
included in the LoIs I have produced.

>Bordure is the lead contact between the Ansteorran College of Heralds and
>the SCA College of Arms.  The principal duty of Bordure is the production
>of a Letter of Intent to the SCA for name and armory submissions which have
>passed kingdom approval.  This involves a high degree of familiarity with
>Microsoft Word (or a similar word processing program) including the import
>of scanned images.  A familiarity with conversion of documents to PDF
>format would be given some preference.  Email access, as well as phone
>access, are requirements for this position.  Bordure also observes the
>commentary generated on Ansteorran submissions at the SCA College of Arms
>and is responsible to produce Letters of Correction or Letters of Comment
>to defend Ansteorran submissions (though this duty can be delegated, it
>remains Bordure's responsibility).

I'm here to help train my successor as needed for the first couple of months
and then for questions on an as needed basis. I have held one or more
offices constantly for more than 10 years now and I need a
looooooooooooooong break from it all.

>Additional duties for Bordure may be assigned based upon the skills of the
>office holder and the actions of the Star Principal Herald.

Beware the fine print ;)

Borek
Bordure