[ANSTHRLD] Armory Conflict Check Request

Amanda Bowen reason_prevails at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 17:32:09 PST 2004

>The symbolism of the Ansteorran kingdom arms is the rising star of
>Ansteorra and the setting sun of Atenveldt.  It's crucial to the
>meaning that the demi-sun is in base, and is red.  The gold sun is
>the kingdom symbol of somewhere else.  Atenveldt uses the gold sun
>as their kingdom symbol, and we use the red one to contrast us
>from our mother kingdom.

Don Robin-

This badge is for the office of Kingdom Historian. The golden demi-sun was,
I believe, included specifically as a reference to our mother kingdom. The
Kingdom Historian, Honorable Lady Annes, believed it was appropriate as a
symbol both of where we as a kingdom have been (the golden tincture) and
where we are now. (the fact that it is a rising sun)

Your concern is certainly a valid one, and one that was certainly taken into
account.

Galiana
Armillary