[ANSTHRLD] Armory Conflict Check Request

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 23 21:20:54 PST 2004

--- "Etienne de St. Amaranth" <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:

> I need a conflict check on the following and I would not mind having
> the
> blazon checked as well.
>
> Sable, on an open book Or a mullet of five greater and five lesser
> points
> sable, a demi-sun issuant from base Or.
>
> Etienne
> Star Principal Herald

A quick check of my copy of the O and A program shows:

"Sable, in chief on a plate a satyr dancing and playing a flute proper,
issuant from base a demi-sun Or."  (William Gallowglas, Atenveldt,
January 1981.)

This was the closest I could find.  We have a primary charge in the
proposed blazon, but in this sample blazon I found, the primary charge
is specifically blazoned to be "in chief".  This might be a change in
position, worth one CD, since the primary charge in the proposed blazon
does not specify its position.  I'm assuming that it's dead center.

In addition, there is a change in the type of primary charge (plate vs.
open book), worth a second CD.

The quesiton that forms in my mind:  Is the proposed blazon for some
purpose related to the kingdom?  I noticed the "five greater and five
lesser points sable".

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon
Orbis