[ANSTHRLD] Armory Conflict Check Request

rudin rudin at mail.ev1.net
Fri Dec 24 09:42:38 PST 2004

> Sable, on an open book Or a mullet of five greater and
> five lesser points sable, a demi-sun issuant from base Or.

One stylistic point is worth mentioning.  Some heraldic symbols
are not tied to the tincture, but some are.  A knight's symbol,
for instance, is not merely a belt, but specifically a white belt.

The symbolism of the Ansteorran kingdom arms is the rising star of
Ansteorra and the setting sun of Atenveldt.  It's crucial to the
meaning that the demi-sun is in base, and is red.  The gold sun is
the kingdom symbol of somewhere else.  Atenveldt uses the gold sun
as their kingdom symbol, and we use the red one to contrast us
from our mother kingdom.

I would not put a gold sun on an Ansteorran badge, for the same
reason that I would not put a red belt on a knight's badge.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Sent via the EV1 webmail system at mail.ev1.net