[ANSTHRLD] January Gazette ILOI - aka the Russian Gaelic ILOI

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:55:56 PST 2004

The whole reason to post commentary research is to bring submitters and
their local
heralds into the discussion.  Hopefully the commentary will get any
corrections needed
along the way.  Right now submissions are just being discussed.  It is
probably best to
wait until after the decision meeting Asterisk holds at kingdom to resubmit
anything or just
ask Asterisk.

The source for Lann  didn't give any spelling of it with an apostrophe.

I haven't seen apostophes used in Gaelic at all.  There is a vowel á in
Gaelic but that would
only use an apostrophe if written in Daud notation [a'].  The English forms
of Gaelic uses
the apostrophe in names like O'Brien but that is English.  English didn't
used it in possessives
until after our period.  We also see the apostrophe in languages like
Russian and Arabic where
we are representing non-English characters using our alphabet.

It would help if one of our Gaelic name gurus would answer this as well.

The device was lovely simple armory but the problem is how to blazon the
orientation of the knots.
I tried "Per saltire vert and azure, in pale a trefoil knot inverted and a
trefoil knot, in fess a
trefoil knot bendwise and a trefoil knot bendwise sinister Or."

Daniel is this an accurate and registerable blazon for item #4 January ILOI?

Do all the knots need to be oriented with the point up?  That is the
style I have seen registered in the past.

Hopefully this will help
Magnus