[ANSTHRLD] Name, Blazon, Emblazon

Haines, Paul PHA at allseas.com
Wed Feb 4 08:52:39 PST 2004

Ivo,
Regarding the device, I have 3 comments:
1. to the best of my knowledge a tressure is a diminutive of the orle, and
is used only with multiple tressures (double tressure being the most
common).  If you want to keep it in (and I think it looks good), double the
thickness and call it an orle, or add a second tressure.

2. the compass star gyronny...I'm not sure if it is actually gyronny,
because you in effect "counter gyronned" the four smaller points in the
diagonal direction.  While striking in appearance, I'm not sure that there
is either an appropriate blazon for that, or if it is a period style.

3. the compass star on an annulet...again, not sure that this is in period
style.

I don't know how much help that is for you.  I'm sure some other heralds
will offer up some comments for you as well.

Cheers,
Alden