[ANSTHRLD] Name, Blazon, Emblazon

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Wed Feb 4 08:57:18 PST 2004

> --------------010401010901060709080403

So much of the spam that hits my mailbox is HTML, I have a mail filter
that strips it out.  Which means that, if you post only in HTML, I
don't see it.  My filter is idiosyncratic, of course, but perhaps my
reaction to HTML isn't.

Further, HTML is unneeded for almost any general communication on a
mailing list, it not easily readable in some mailers (the ones I use,
for instance), it makes the mailbox larger, and it makes mail download
slower on a modem (like, for example, me).

So I ask people to please turn off HTML.

Daniel de Lincolia
--
                        _
ASCII ribbon campaign  ( )  Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com;