[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Regalia

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Thu Feb 5 21:24:55 PST 2004

At 11:12 PM 2/5/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Lord Alden by the grace of God second of that name wrote:
>
>> Now, I wouldn't expect Bordure
>> Herald to wear the tabard when he's at home typing up the LoI, but he
>> probably would wear it if the CoH would ever process into court.
>
>Matching tabards for the 70 odd members of the Ansteorran College of
>Heralds: $1,400.
>Matching collars: $14,000.
>Reaction of populace on hearing that the heralds are trying to make courts
>longer: priceless.
>
>Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

*giggle*

But I _much_ prefer:

Tabards for more groups than I've ever seen process into court in one place
(kingdoms, principalities, baronies, shires, and others I probably missed):
$1000 at least

Sparkler fireworks for said heralds to carry as they processed through
court: $20

Reaction on the royals of most of the Knowne World when they saw that the
Laurel Sovereign of Arms had a more spif and period crown than they did:
priceless.

[For a full description, see TI from mid to late 2002, if I remember the
date correctly.]

Mari (who was carrying the crown and medallion)