[ANSTHRLD] The List

Estencele Pursuivant of Ansteorra estencele at ansteorra.org
Fri Feb 20 10:18:30 PST 2004

Ansteorrans,

Lately, there have been a number of new posters to this list who have been unaware of how to actually subscribe.

That information is on the College of Heralds website at:

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/publications.htm.

In order to help facilitate list membership, it's the very first link on that page.

For any of you who know of someone wishing to subscribe to this list, please direct them to the above link.

Because of privacy issues, etc., signing up to the mailing list can seem a bit long and tedious.  Without all of these steps, however, the privacy of this (and any of the other Ansteorran lists) would likely be tenuous at best.  Those who operate the server do a great job in keeping us protected from nearly all outside invaders (spammers, etc.).  Even with daily monitoring, the odd spammer will stumble upon the address for the list upon occasion.  However, if they have not subscribed to the list, their spam comes to me.  I wipe their message out and take steps to prevent their account from ever actually subscribing to the list.

Let me say that all of you who do subscribe to the list do a wonderful job of adhering to the rules of decency.  This list is VERY rarely in need of policing.  All of you who post here do so with forethought and responsibility.  The College of Heralds owes the success of such a wonderful tool of the heraldic community and it's continuing prosperity to all of you.

Thank You,
Cellach Ferguson
Estencele Pursuivant
Kingdom of Ansteorra