Fwd: Re: [ANSTHRLD] Wherein Snorri Bangs his Head Against a Wall ...

tmcd at panix.com tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 3 09:26:35 PST 2004

Sara L Friedemann <liana at ellipsis.cx> wrote:
> Except that "Tierced in fess X Y Z" can't be reblazoned as "Per fess
> X and Z, a fess Y" or "Y, a chief X and a base Z", because those are
> both drawn (slightly) differently).

You're certainly wrong in SCA blazoning practice.  The SCA Armorial
has no qualms about blazoning the flag of the Republic of France as
"Per pale azure and gules, a pale argent", even though the stripes are
of three equal widths.  (There are other examples there.)

In general: it's true that "tierced" implies equal widths more
strongly than using an ordinary, but I would tend to draw the ordinary
ones to be equal-width anyway (other things being equal).

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address