[ANSTHRLD] Heraldic Regalia

Diane Rudin Stellar_scroll at ansteorra.org
Thu Feb 5 16:05:22 PST 2004

Francois kindly clarified my post with:

> I agree if we change the last bit from "while crying court" to
> executing business".  Court is only one of the things that would
> qualify.  For example, the formal declaration of war at Gulf Wars.

I was just trying to avoid furthering the idea that the tabard makes it
official business.  One doesn't speak for the Crown when one is gossiping
around camp, no matter what clothes one is wearing.

In other words, if you're not doing official business, take the tabard off.

It is usual for the Royal Herald to remove the tabard (however non-period in
style it is) in order to conduct personal business in court, such as
accepting an award, or proposing marriage to a lady....

--Serena