[ANSTHRLD] Looking for Help with a Middle Eastern Name

Lee & Susan lecachot at airmail.net
Sun Jan 4 15:29:47 PST 2004

Greetings to All!
I am trying, again, to come up with a registerable ME name; and am looking for comments/help.  I am trying to find out if the name "husniya" would be registerable (I"ll worry about the rest later)>

I've found "Husn" listed as a female ism in:
http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/arabic-naming2.htm

I found "Husni" (which I believe is a version of "Husn") listed here:
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ursula/ottoman/feminine.html

I also found "Husnu" (with the final "u" umlauted) as a masculine name:
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/ursula/ottoman/masculine.html

I'm trying to find out if, based on this, "husniya" might be considered a plausible Arabic name; and registerable by the SCA.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My thanks,
Susan

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
and get used to the idea.