[ANSTHRLD] RE: Heralds Digest, Vol 8, Issue 7

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Thu Jan 8 20:34:18 PST 2004

Quoth "Bridget the Stargazer":
> >4) Compass stars are modern inventions
> does the wording "a mullet of four greater and four lesser points" work
> better even though the picture (at least in my head) is the same?

It doesn't matter how you blazon it - they still aren't
found in period armory. :)

> >5) Bordures are overused in SCA armory
> I'm trying to achieve CD's while keeping as much of the original design as
> possible.

What is the device that you conflicted with?  If you don't have
a sure conflict, then why add clutter?

There are also many other ways to remove conflict that don't
involve slapping on a bordure (and if bordures are overused
in SCA armory, slapping on a bordure to remove conflict is
EVEN MORE overused).  Why oh why doesn't anyone ever consider
adding an orle to garner a CD? <g>

> The "client" is me. I'm not a herald. (Was a drop-dead deputy for a shire in

Ah - I wasn't sure.  Didn't want to presume.

> Please understand that my responses to your numbered points are *not* typed
> in a nasty manner. They are typed with a smile.

Don't worry, the smile came through loud and clear.

-ARyanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/