[ANSTHRLD] Calling all baronial heralds

Diane Rudin Stelar_scroll at ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 12 17:43:30 PST 2004

Mistress Serena Lascelles Stellar Scroll Herald unto all Ansteorran baronial heralds greetings!

I am in need of your assistance on two fronts.  Send replies privately to my heraldic office email, stellar_scroll at ansteorra.org

First, and related to my position as Stellar Scroll Herald, I have noticed that most baronies do not have registered achievements, and a few are incomplete.  I want to fix that.  Talk to your baron & baroness, as well as the whole barony, and send in those submissions!

Second, related to my position as editor of the Awards Texts Document for Ansteorra, there are some baronies that have not registered the name and/or badge for their armigerous baronial service awards.  (My source of information on this, being the online armorial, may be outdated.  If so, please let me know what was registered & when.)  There are some that do not have their insignia on file.  There are those for whom I do not have texts for their awards.

Third, just because I'm a records snoop, there are those baronies that do not have an approved consitution on file with the Ansteorran College of Heralds.  Your barony must have a constitution on file for your armigerous baronial service order to be "legal".  These must be approved & signed by the Crown & placed on file with the Star Principal Herald.  We have been lenient about this in the past; that will not always be the case.

Finally, for those of you whose baronies do have registered achievement & award text on file, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to double-check that the information we currently have is, well, current.

--Serena, Stellar Scroll

The information in my possession is summarized as follows:

Stargate--registered achivement; Sodality name & badge registered; constitution, insignia, & text on file
Steppes--registered ach.; Oak name & badge registered; constitution & insignia on file (the Oak, by its tradition, has no award charter)
Bjornsborg--no ach. on file; Fire Brand name & badge not registered; no Fire Brand constitution, insignia, or text on file (I have a number of additional questions about Bjornsborg's award history, which is an unregistered mess, so Callisto, please contact me!)
Bordermarch--no ach. on file; (can't tell which of Bordermarch's awards is current:  the Silent Trumpet, the Noble Heart, or the Keys?); names & badges registered for all three orders; constitution, insignia, & text on file for the Silent Trumpet but not for either the Noble Heart or the Keys
Bryn Gwlad--registered ach.--need more details on the supporters; Dreigiau Bryn name & badge registered; constitution, insignia, & text on file
Namron--registered ach.--is the Saxon warrior really all gules, as the blazon states?; Sable Storm name & badge registered, (there's also an Order of the Krigshelt in the armorial, what is it?); Sable Storm constitution, insignia, & text on file
Eldern Hills--no ach. on file; Cotes Anciennes name & badge registered; no constitution on file; insignia & text on file
Raven's Fort--no ach. on file; Raven's Heart name & badge registered; no constitution, insignia, or text on file
Elfsea--registered ach.--are the mermaid & triton really all sable, as the blazon states?; Azure Keystone name & badge registered; constitution & insignia on file; no text on file
Wiesenfeuer--ach. on file--need more detail about the coronet; Lanternarius name registered; there's a badge registered to Wiesenfeuer, "[fieldless] On an annulet of flame sable an annulet Or", with no designator--is this intended to be the badge for the Lanternarius?; no constitution, insignia, or text on file
Loch Solleir--no ach. on file; Serpent's Toils name & badge registered (there is also an Order of the Otter name & badge registered; what is it?); no constitution, insignia, or text on file
Bonwicke--no ach. on file; Western Cross name registered, badge not registered; Keepers of the Cross name & badge not registered (which is current?); no constitutions, insignia, or text on file for either order
Northkeep--most of ach. registered--which baronial fillet, flat or w/pearls--need motto; Lion's Paw name & badge in submission; no constitution or insignia on file; text on its way to me