[ANSTHRLD] Blazon

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Fri Jan 30 11:24:51 PST 2004

Quoth "BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV6) (USA)":
> So far this is all that comes up for a search on 'Ermine, On a bend sinister
> sable', nothing for the whole thing.
>
> Isrið in glaða
> The following device associated with this name was registered in September
> of 2002 (via An Tir):
> Ermine, on a bend sinister sable a fox courant contourny Or.

This is a conflict.  There is one CD for the aggregate changes
to the tertiaries, per RfS X.4.j.

I generally find that it's alot easier to just search in the
OandA categories, rather than trying to do any of the blazon-string
searches.  The relevant category for this is:
Bend sinister - 1 - Charged - Plain line - Sable

Looking first at things with ermine fields, Isrið is the only one.

Looking next at ones that have boars' heads, I find none.
Since bends are ordinaries, they qualify for X.4.j.ii.b, which means
you'll get a CD for changing the type of tertiaries, and another
CD for the field for any other device.

To clear the conflict with Isrið, might I recommend adding cotises?

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est
http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/