[ANSTHRLD] Blazon

Teceangl tierna at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Jan 30 22:16:02 PST 2004

> I agree with Daniel, I like them with the bend and couped.  So what would be
> the final blazon I should submit?

First, there's a convention to boar's heads on a bend that you should know,
a good period design issue.
Most charges, when placed on the bend, are laid as though the bend were a
pale tipped at an angle, that is they point to the chief corner of the
shield where the top of the bend is.
Boar's heads couped close (no neck) were often instead laid along the bend
so that the nose of each boar was at the back of the next one's neck, and
their snouts pointed at the chief corner where the bend touched.

Something to think about.

Ermine, on a bend sinister sable three boar's heads couped Or.

Now, Rodrigo, before you start complicating your device, would you like to
approach Isrith in glatha and ask permission to conflict?  She happens to
be a friend of mine and very easy to contact, as well as Baroness of the
barony to the north of me (8 miles away).  So I can got you into contact
with her if you like.

- Teceangl
--
   This would give a headache to any herald who had to look at it long
	enough to blazon it. (KFW, 11 Aug 77 [14], p. 6)