[ANSTHRLD] Wherein Snorri Bangs his Head Against a Wall ...

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at scadian.net
Fri Jan 30 13:40:05 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 02:53:11PM -0600, Sara L Friedemann wrote:
> Quoth "Etienne de St. Amaranth":
> > How about "Paly ermine and counter-ermine."  Just think of the clothing you
> > could wear!  You'd look like a really rich barbarian!
>
> Conflict with
>
> Jo Anne Blue
> Either the name or the following device associated it (or both) were
> registered in January of 1973:
> Per pale azure and ermine.
>
> One CD from X.4.a.ii.c, for changing half the tincture
>
> Oh, and "Paly argent and vert" would conflict with:
>
> Ædric the Grene
> The following device associated with this name was registered in January
> of 1998 (via Atlantia):
> Per pale sable and vert.
>
> With the same CD count as above.

No, both CD counts are incorrect.  While per pale and paly are not
*substantially* different, they do get a CD, so both of these are clear
of the suggested armory.  I have not conflict checked the furry one, but
"Paly argent and vert" only has one CD from the armory that "Paly azure
and argent" bounced against, for changing the tincture of half the field.

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles                 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN