[ANSTHRLD] Wherein Snorri Bangs his Head Against a Wall ...

Blaise de Cormeilles blaise at scadian.net
Fri Jan 30 13:42:41 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 01:33:47PM -0600, Sara L Friedemann wrote:
> Quoth "Snorri Hallsson":
> > So, I rambled all that to posit this query:  Whatcha think of "Paly vert and
> > argent" instead?  I think it's clear, but I thought that of "Paly azure and
> > argent" too and I was wrong.
>
> I'm all for field-only or field-primary armory.  But I think
> "Paly vert and azure" would conflict with
>
> C{o'}te d'Ivoire (reg. 09/95 via Laurel)
> Per pale tenn{e'} and vert, a pale argent.
> Important non-SCA flag
>
> If paly of four is equivalent to paly of six, is paly of three
> equivalent to paly of six?  If so, there's one CD for changing
> part of the tincture.

No, there is no "paly of three".  This is "field, a pale".  (The
conflict with "Paly azure and argent" would have been too, if the pale
hadn't been divided per pale.)

Blaise
--
Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-          /"\
SKA Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles                 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN