[ANSTHRLD] What are you teaching

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Mon Jun 7 13:58:55 PDT 2004

At 12:16 AM 6/7/2004, you wrote:
>I'm planning to attend and would be happy to teach a couple of classes.

We appreciate that.

>Classes I've already written and would be easy to teach (don't require much
>brush-up) include:
>
>Period Name Construction
>         - an overview of basic construction types for a number of languages
>Irish Names
>         - a thorough overview of Gaelic names in Ireland throughout our
> period
>Constructing SCA Household Names Using Irish Gaelic Family and Clan Name
>Models
>         - the title basically says it all

I don't know that you can ever overteach this class.  Period name
construction remains one of the issues which frustrate submitters (those
returned) the most.

>I've also got a couple that I need to brush up the handouts for, but could
>easily do that.  These are:
>
>Naming Practices in 16th Century Gloucestershire
>Building a Local Library

I would say that if you taught either of these at the 2003 symposium, then
maybe layoff for a year (unless someone posts a need) but if you taught at
2002 or earlier then I'd consider resurrecting it.

Etienne
Star