[ANSTHRLD] Supplemental Paper work

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Jun 15 07:43:31 PDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Brent Ryder <borekvv at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [Someone else]
> >I have some paperwork for the Skarrgard packet.  To whom do I send
> >it to so it can get headed to Laurel.
>
> Send a copy to both Asterisk and Bordure. One is needed for the
> Ansteorran files and one is needed to go to Laurel.

With each form, don't forget to enclose a copy of any photocopied
documentation that goes with the form.

(I assume this is a name submission only, because for any armory,
Laurel needs two colored copies, and Bordure needs a black-and-white
outline copy, and Asterisk should receive one colored copy and one
black-and-white outline copy.  It's not an SCA branch name or device
either, I gather, because then copies of the petition would be
needed.)

> Don't forget to keep a copy for yourself in case the Post Awful
> loses it all.

The SCA-wide College of Arms Administrative Handbook suggests

    1. Submissions Forms - If submissions are processed by the local
       herald or herald at large, a repository of original submission
       paperwork shall be maintained for all items submitted through
       the office. Such paperwork should include any forms or
       supporting documentation provided by the submitter and his/her
       representatives.

    2. Submissions and Administrative Correspondence - A clean copy of
       each piece of correspondence shall be retained in the files.

The Ansteorran CoH Administrative Handbook, 2003, at
<http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/docs/COHAdmin_Handbook_2003.pdf>
does not require it of locals.  I consider that to be an unfortunate
oversight.

Daniel de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at panix.com