[ANSTHRLD] AAA Consulting... or: the return of Fabulous Heraldry

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Jun 30 11:18:02 PDT 2004

> ps - NO, you may not show Kolach to new submitters. Come to think, you may
> not show Kolach to ANY submitters. That would simply not be right.

Actually, a good friend of mine endured the Kolatch Hell when he submitted a
name many, many years ago.  The kingdom I was living in at the time never let
their locals know that Kolatch is Bad.  (Much of that problem has been
alieviated by the 'net and mailing lists.)  Anyway, he picked his name out of
this big, scholarly-looking book in our university library.  It was scholarly-
looking, so it should be fine, right?  Nope.  It was one of Kolatch's books.
No, his name didn't pass.  He eventually had to register something close, but
not what he was by then well-known by.

So, hiding Kolatch from any and all submitters is a help to them.  I just
about choked when I saw some of his books reprinted and for sale in Borders.

They won't reprint Withycombe, but Kolatch seems to be fine.

Yech!

Mari
P.S. If anyone ever finds <Dahrien> or <Darien> as a period name, I know a
knight in Northshield who would probably worship the ground you walk
on...