[ANSTHRLD] AAA Consulting... or: the return of Fabulous Heraldry

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Wed Jun 30 13:43:35 PDT 2004

> Well I have to sak who the Soon to be Kingdom Knight of Northshield is as
thats where I am
>From and was just up there for there crown list.......
>
> and regardless I'll see what I can find
>
> Seamus
> Golden staff (for only less than two weeks!)

I have moved around waaaaay toooo much.  And have friends in way too many
places.  Keeping up with who has gotten what awards since I last saw them is
tough.

The gentle I'm thinking of is Dahrien Cordell.  He registered as Darius
Cordell.  I could have sworn that the last time I ran into him he had been
newly knighted.  But I just went looking and can't find a record of that in
the Northshield or Midrealm OPs.  So I may be getting him confused with
someone else (about who was newly knighted the last time I ran into them).  Or
the OPs may be out of date.  I honestly don't know which.

Anyway, Dahrien's in Milwaukee, or was the last time I talked to him.  Back in
college, I helped research his name after kingdom finally informed us that
Kolatch was a Bad Book.  We tried everything we could think of (this was
before the web and lots of recent research).

Our best bet at the time was that, if <Darien> or <Darian> were to be found,
it would most likely be Roman or Byzantine.  He wasn't trying for a particular
language or culture at the time.  He'd picked <Dahrien> and was seeing how
close he could get to that name - at least retaining the sound (DAR-ree-en).

Mo/r found <Darien> as a placename.  Thanks!

If anyone runs across something like <Dahrien>/<Darien>, please let me know
and I'll gather up the info and send it off to him.

Thanks!

Mari