[ANSTHRLD] Roundtable Meetings - New Report Form

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Wed Jun 30 15:28:15 PDT 2004

To the heralds of Ansteorra, greetings!

It is typical for King's Roundtable meetings (formerly known as Red Tape
meetings) to include a Plenary Meeting of the College of Heralds during the
afternoon sessions.  This July Roundtable will be no different and I hope
that as many of you as possible can attend.  A Plenary Chapter Meeting of
the College of Heralds is similar to a faculty meeting at a university; if
you are faculty (or a herald in this case) then you can attend.  The
meeting is open to kingdom, local, consulting, visiting, and at-large
heralds; we even welcome the return of heralds who remember when
submissions in Ansteorra were walked uphill, barefoot, in the snow to
Asterisk to be submitted.

Additionally, there is a meeting time on the schedule for regional and
local heralds.  In the past, this meeting has usually been a typo brought
about by the fact that most other offices have a regional/local meeting
time set aside and the event schedulers presume that the heralds will want
one too.  Since the Plenary Meeting is inclusive of those details that
would normally be discussed in a regional/local meeting, this normally
makes a regional/local meeting redundant and unnecessary.  However, this
time I have an item that I want to cover with regional and local
heralds.  Eclipse Herald has been beta testing a new monthly report form
for local heralds and I intend to debut, at Roundtable, the form for full
college use by locals reporting to their regional.  I heavily encourage all
regionals and local heralds to be at this Roundtable for that reason.

Asterisk Herald will be teaching a class on the submission process.

Lastly, based on several requests I have received, there will be a class on
Field Heraldry taught as well.

And then, we all get ready for Ansteorran Heraldic & Scribal Symposium on
the following weekend.  If a regional or local is unable to make
Roundtable, I will be submitting a class for the new reporting form and can
explain again there.

Etienne
Star Principal Herald