[ANSTHRLD] What are you teaching

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Sun Jun 6 22:16:08 PDT 2004

>And heraldic classes!  Contact me for those too. The sooner the better!
>
>-Emma
>Obelisk Herald

I'm planning to attend and would be happy to teach a couple of classes.

What I'd really like is to get some idea of what folks would like to see
taught.  Does anyone have anything that they'd particularly like to see a
class about?

[I asked this question awhile back and was really surprised that there
wasn't much discussion of the issue.  I'd never known heralds to be silent
types...]

Classes I've already written and would be easy to teach (don't require much
brush-up) include:

Period Name Construction
	- an overview of basic construction types for a number of languages
Irish Names
	- a thorough overview of Gaelic names in Ireland throughout our period
Constructing SCA Household Names Using Irish Gaelic Family and Clan Name
Models
	- the title basically says it all

I've also got a couple that I need to brush up the handouts for, but could
easily do that.  These are:

Naming Practices in 16th Century Gloucestershire
Building a Local Library

Depending on the topic, I could put together a different class if there's a
particular interest.

I've taught out some of these in Ansteorra in the last year or so, so I
don't know if there's an interest in having them taught again.  What do
folks think?

Mari