[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Check

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Mon Jun 14 21:04:35 PDT 2004

OK, let's try this again ...

Conflict check for: Quarterly azure and argent, an orle sable.

Here's my search results, if you're interested in looking along with me ...
http://www.farreaches.org/cgi-bin/oanda_complex.cgi?w1=1&m1=armory+descripti
on&p1=QLY&w2=1&m2=armory+description&p2=ORLE+AND+TRESSURE&w3=&m3=&p3=&w4=&m4
=&p4=&w5=&m5=&p5=&l=9999&s=score+and+name&d=modern&g=disabled&a=disabled

So far, I've found 15 quarterly divisions with orles or tressures.  14 of
these have an addition of a charge, plus either a change of tincture of the
field or the ordinary, so there's 2 CDs or more with all of them.

However, here's the one that I'm worried about.

Aethelstan of Axford - Quarterly azure and argent, an orle embattled on the
inner edge counterchanged.

Obviously, I get no CD for the identical field.  I get one CD for the change
of tincture of the ordinary.  However, I'm not sure if I get one for the
complex line of division for the inner edge of the ordinary.  I *suck* at
picking through precedents, and I have a feeling that's where I'm going to
find my answer.

Inquiring minds, yada.  Thoughts, comments, whacks upside the head?

Snorri, Solstice