[ANSTHRLD] AAA Consulting... or: the return of Fabulous Heraldry

Maridonna maridonna at maridonna.com
Wed Jun 30 14:01:34 PDT 2004

kobrien at texas.net wrote:
  He'd picked <Dahrien> and was seeing how
> close he could get to that name - at least retaining the sound (DAR-ree-en).
>
> Mo/r found <Darien> as a placename.  Thanks!
>
> If anyone runs across something like <Dahrien>/<Darien>, please let me know
> and I'll gather up the info and send it off to him.

Not the same spelling, but Dauzat Noms et Prenoms, s.n. <Derrien>, n.
breton, anc. n. de bapt. d'origine obscure (Dergen en 864, dans le Cart.
de Redon). My poor translation: Darrien, a Breton name, ancient
baptismal name with an obscure origin.  The rest looks to be an early
spelling with date, and its source.

Someone else want to translate that please?
--
Andrea / Maridonna
Why buy while they die? Adopt a rescue or shelter pet today.