[ANSTHRLD] Re: Ansteorran Royal Rose?

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue Mar 16 14:27:58 PST 2004

> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Donovan K. Goertz <khevron at warpmail.net> wrote:
> > My arts officer is doing a project and needed a graphic of the
> > Asteorran Royal Rose - that is, the "Ansteorran Rose" without the
> > Sable mullet overall.
> > This is what I have:
> > http://www.geocities.com/khevron/heraldry/experiment.html
> > The blazon doesn't _say_ inverted, but I need to know if the
> > traditional Royal Rose has the 2nd rose this way or not.
>
> Without a mullet, I would just follow the blazon and consider it an
> ordinary double rose, though I'll admit I haven't looked at insignia
> closely to know exactly how it is usually drawn here.

At one point, I went through the submitted emblazons showing this rose.  Some
of them have the rose with the mullet "pointing up", some have it with the
mullet "pointing down".  I was looking this up in conjunction with the last set
of achievement texts.  So you may want to look at that document out on the
website.

Mari