[ANSTHRLD] confilct check

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon May 17 12:58:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Brent Ryder <borekvv at hotmail.com> wrote:
> [Dmitrii syn Dmitrii Rostislavich]
> >I have a gentlemen that would like his device to be sable and or per bend
> >sinister 2 axes saltire or a drinking horn sable i believe that is right
> >any help
> >would be appreciated
>
> If I am thinking right about this, the blazon would be, "Per bend
> sinister sable and Or, two axes in saltire and a drinking horn
> counterchanged"

That looks right to me, going by the posted description.  But if
you're at all uncertain about the blazon, it's best to post a
desciption in English words.

For Borek's proposed blazon, the shield is parted along a line from
the viewer's lower left to upper right.  The part that's above and to
the viewer's left of that line is black, and the viewer's lower and
right is gold.  The axes are crossed over their hafts, like X, and
they're entirely gold (shaft and blade).  I'm not sure of the default
orientation of the axes then -- if the cutting edges are outwards, I
think we have to add "addorsed".  The horn is black.  I'm not sure of
the default orientation of a drinking horn: I suspect the mouth is to
the viewer's left -- but I think there's no difference granted for
a horn versus a horn reversed (opening the other direction).

Is that an accurate description, Dmitrii?

Daniel de Lincolia
--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com; tmcd at us.ibm.com is my work address