[ANSTHRLD] Augmentation?

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Mon Nov 1 13:29:26 PST 2004

> I have a few questions that aren't related to the mechanics and procedural
requirements to
augment arms.  I wasn't at the event, so:

> Who was Friedrich?
> Who were the people that received the augmentations?
> What was the relationship between these people and Friedrich?
> What is the significance of using Friedrich's arms as an augmentation for
these people?

> I'm curious to know the history/motive/significance of this.  I am also very
interested to
see how these augmentations get designed/incorporated, since Friedrich has a
rather
interesting device.

> ~Alden

Since Alden mentioned it, I looked up Friedrich's device:

Friedrich von Konigsburg
This name was registered in November of 1993 (via Ansteorra).
The following device associated with this name was registered in November of
1993 (via Ansteorra):
Per pale bendy sinister Or and gules, and argent ermined vert, on a chief
embattled azure three sinister cubit arms, fists clenched, argent.

Given that device, I could easily see the chief being used as the augmentation
for some people.  Or simply one of the cubit arms on azure.  But, given the
number of colors, I could see that it might not work with every device...

Mari