[ANSTHRLD] Augmentation?

Snorri Hallsson snorri at houston.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 21:56:13 PST 2004

To slightly correct Johann, Friedrich was an incredibly bright, witty
gentleman who gave up a career as a lawyer after 9/11 to join the Army as a
tank commander.  While trying to make repairs to his tank, he received a
fatal bullet wound from a sniper.  The bullet entered his body through his
side, in one of the few areas where his body armor did not protect him.
Friedrich lost his life the day after control of Iraq was turned over to the
provisional government.  He remains the only SCA member to die in
hostilities in the Middle East.  For his supreme sacrifice, he was awarded a
posthumous court barony by Miguel II & Conal II.

I met Friedrich only once in my life, at a get-together at Pendaran and
Jehanne's home.  For three hours, I was spellbound as this man spun tale
after tale about life in the military.  I laughed until I hurt, and then
could immediately be brought back to the danger and heroism that he and his
fellow soldiers faced every day.  He was a unique individual, and while I'm
thankful I got the chance to meet him, I regret that I'll never have the
opportunity to get to know him.

Those five individuals who were granted this augmentation were among his
closest friends in the SCA.  I know that Sir Pendaran Glamorgan and Duke
Kein MacEwan were two, I think that Sir Christian Richard Dupre and Don
Brian Cameron were among the other three, and I did not catch the name of
the fifth, nor did I recognize her.  Apologies for my errors, someone please
correct me at will.

Snorri