[ANSTHRLD] Notes on November ILOI

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 22:02:41 PST 2004

--- Doug Bell <debell1 at txcyber.com> wrote:

> "Sable, in bend a wolf rampant contourny and a tankard Or."
> This should be clear of Egan MacFergus June 1997 (via Ansteorra):
> "Sable, a wolf salient contourny between in bend two mullets Or."
> I just want to be sure this is clear because they are visually
> quite similar.

CD for rampant vs. salient, CD for mullets vs. tankard.  That's enough
to clear it.  I wouldn't worry.

> "Gules, a gauntlet sustaining a sword fesswise and in base two doves
>
> displayed argent."
> This looks like 3 different types of charges in the primary group.
> Slot machine return.

Brings up the question:  Would a sustained charge be a secondary?  Does
it even count?

> It is interesting to note that goats do not get a CD from sheep.

But that's a ram, not sheep.  Goats have straighter horns while a ram's
horns spiral.  Sheep are generic in nature, but I do recall that one
thinks of the "ewe" when referring to sheep.  Big visual difference.