[ANSTHRLD] More comments on November ILOI

Kathleen O'Brien kobrien at texas.net
Fri Nov 26 20:24:51 PST 2004

At 09:13 PM 11/26/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>> > 14) Kyneth M'Kyvyr M'Fergus. (Loch Ruadh) [Name] Ivor MacFergus was
>> > registered September 1999 (via Ansteorra).
>> > Permission to presume is needed.
>> >
>> Ok, is a permission to presume the same as a permission to
>> conflict? As I know both and also that they are father and
>> son it'll be easy to get the letter.
>>
>> Domhnall
>
>Daniel explained this well. Domhnall, if you can help Ivor MacFergus get the
>letter written and signed, it needs to be sent to me as quickly as possible
>for the files (and Bordure, I'll get him a copy too). My contact info should
>be in the back of the Black Star.

Here's the template I have in my email files for a letter of permission to
presume.

Mari

------------------------

- Letter of Permission to Presume

I, [Legal name], known in the SCA as [Society name], give [Legal name of
submitter], known in the SCA as [Society name of submitter], permission for
my Society name to be used in part of [his/her] Society name in order to
indicate a relationship. I understand that this permission cannot be
withdrawn once [Legal name of submitter]'s name is registered.

[Date] [Signature of [Legal Name]]

(Note: Permission to Presume may be granted to anyone, not simply legal
relatives, and so is often used to indicate SCA relationships, such as
those in a household.  For example, when
<i>Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearne</i> registered his name in 12/1998, he
needed a letter from <i>Aeddan ap Trahaearn</i>, whose name was registered
name indicates that he is the son of <i>Aeddan ap Trahaearn</i>.)