[ANSTHRLD] Pily Bendy Precedents???

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:37:37 PDT 2004

Howdy all,

I have a submitter wanting 'Pily bendy, sable and gules, a chalice argent'

I was not sure if this was a field division or piles in bend on a field, so
asked Da'ud who verified it was the former. He also opined that a central
charge over such a field would obscure the line of division and fall afoul
of the identifyability ruling and precedents for obscuring a significant
portion of the line of division.

I then checked for past registrations of 'pily bendy' field divisions and
found several from '80 through '03 all with central primary charges.

Does anyone know the precedents for the use of a 'pily bendy' field
division? Not sure where to begin to look.

Borek
Bordure