[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check request - Marcus

Doug Bell debell1 at txcyber.com
Thu Oct 7 02:32:44 PDT 2004

There were a few devices that bothered me so I searched the LoARs
in addition to the Ordinary.

This item has 2, possibly 3 conflicts.  To say that they are subtle is quite
an understatement.

1) Kathleen Erin-go-burne-the-Bragh
Either the name or the following device associated it (or both) were
registered in January of 1974: Vert, a chalice argent containing flames Or.

This conflicts since the flames were ruled not large enough for a CD.
Note that a mazer is a wooden drinking bowl not a Star Trek weapon.

[September 1998 LoAR AN TIR-R] "Fearghus Slànaighear. Badge. (Fieldless) A
mazer argent. This conflicts with Kathleen Erin-go-burne-the-Bragh (Vert, a
chalice argent containing flames Or). as cited on the LoI. There is
certainly one CD for fieldlessness, but the flames are not large enough to
be count for difference."
[November 1999 LoAR Outlands-R] "Kiena Munro. Badge. (Fieldless) A covered
cup argent.  Conflict with Kathleen Erin-go-burne-the-Bragh, Vert, a chalice
argent containing flames Or. There is one CD for fieldlessness, but the
flames are not large enough to count for difference."
[July 2002 LoAR ATLANTIA-R] "Ysoria de Brai. Badge. (Fieldless) A covered
cup argent.  Conflict with Kathleen Erin-go-Burne-the-Bragh, Vert, a chalice
argent containing flames Or. There is a CD for fieldlessness. There is no
type difference between a cup and a covered cup. The flame in Kathleen's cup
is a maintained charge, and its deletion is not worth difference."

2) Madihah al-Bagdadiyya
The following badge associated with this name was registered in February of
1998 (via the West): Gules, a mortar with pestle argent.  Originally
registered November 1984.

This may conflict there is no CD between a mortar and chalice.  I remember
this only because I have mortars and pestles on my armory.

[September 1987 LoAR Outlands-R] "Vyrden von Drachenlager, der Alchimist.
Badge. Per saltire sable and gules, a mortar and pestle argent, issuant
flames of fire proper. Conflict with Kathleen Erin-go-Burne-the-Bragh
("Vert, a chalice argent, containing flames Or.")."

3) Ealdred of Gwyntarian
The following device associated with this name was registered in January of
1985 (via the Middle):
Per fess embattled grady azure and chequy Or and sable, a goblet argent
issuing three ears of barley Or.

This may conflict depending on how large the ears of barley are.

Magnus