[ANSTHRLD] Documentation

BOWERMAN, MATTHEW S. (JSC-DV6) (USA) matthew.s.bowerman1 at jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 18 10:38:28 PDT 2004

Actually I was looking for possible references on documenting a certain
name.  I have only found one, in the form of the 1580 Cheshire visitations
completed by the College of Armes in England.  My ancestors of Baguley hall
were denoted by the name "de Baguley" and were knights descended from the de
Mascy/de Massy family. They were Norman.  I was looking to get a named past
indicating a Norman persona from the time of the 1st Crusade or so. There
were many William de Baguley's, as well as a Richard, Robert, John, and a
Hamon de Baguley.  Not wanting to take an exact name of a living person I
thought a (French/Norman) version of the name 'William' would be acceptable,
thus wished to prove it through documentation. I would really love to use
the name 'Matthew de Baguley' but do not know if 'Matthew' was used often
during this period in Baguley, in Cheshire, under the control of the Earl of
Cheshire.

Thanks,

Rodrigo