[ANSTHRLD] Fealty Oaths - Welsh

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Tue Sep 7 08:24:42 PDT 2004

This is a general call to all heralds, Ansteorran or visitors, for research
assistance.

My office has received a request for assistance in finding (or disproving
the existance of) a period fealty oath for a Welsh peer.  Let me be
specific, the request is not for a modern oath (or even a period French
oath) translated or transliterated into Welsh.  The request is for a period
oath that a Welsh peer would have made to the Crown (Welsh Crown or later
to a Norman Crown is OK).  If one can be found, the English translation of
the oath is most important but it is very much preferred to have the Welsh
and English versions of the same oath.

Any assistance in this matter can be emailed directly to me
(star at ansteorra.org) though I believe that some members of this list would
like to see the results as well.  Cross posting of this request to SCA
Heralds or another kingdom heraldry list is allowed if someone wants to do
that so long as they know to send any findings to me directly.

Seigneur Etienne
Star Principal Herald