[ANSTHRLD] Zodiacus weighs in on this week's award discussions

Tammy Ackerson ackerson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 19:43:14 PDT 2004

Sara writes:
> I have a number of reservations about it, which I
> won't go into here because I'm not sure this is the
> appropriate forum for it. However, I like the idea of
> a page limit, like you mentioned with the West's
> Heralds' Handbook. Seems like that would prevent all
> manner of ills. :)

Outlander chiming in briefly:
We have a "New Crown Packet" under construction at present.  The
kingdom officers and a few other notables were asked to contribute
one-page summaries of what the Crown should know about their duties
and what needed to be done to accomplish the usual tasks.  I found it
extremely difficult to summarize all the aspects of heraldry in one
page, what with court, field, award/guild names, badges, charters,
ceremonies, precedence, and protocol, just to name a few areas of
overlap between the royalty and the heralds.  It is in proofreading at
present time.  Whether it serves the purpose for which it was created
will only be known in time.

Back to lurking,
Sorcha