[ANSTHRLD] Conflict Checking "Optio" Badge (was "Star weighs in...")

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 21:42:06 PDT 2004

--- "Etienne de St. Amaranth" <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:

> Next, the list can conflict check the badge for this award.  It has
> been
> conflict checked before but we all know that it takes more than one
> set of
> eyes.  The blazon is:  Or, an eagle's leg erased à la quise within a
> bordure embattled gules.

We will need X.2 on this one.  I found the following on my O & A 9.0
program:

Thomas of Fordcombe (Drachenwald Feb 1994):  "Or, a bull statant to
sinister within a bordure embattled gules."  Although, by themselves,
there's only one CD for the change of the primary charge, it falls
under the definition of "simple heraldry" as presented by RfS X.2,
which will clear it.

Constanza de Sevilla (Midrealm Aug 2003):  "Or, a grenade within a
bordure embattled gules."  Again, X.2 comes into play.

Sigrid Larsdottir (Atlantia May 2002):  "Or, a turtle within a bordure
embattled gules."  X.2 again.

Those are the three examples that come closest, and they all clear out
by X.2.  Ergo, I see no problems at the moment.

Lord Johann Kiefer Haydon (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)
Plain ol' herald.