[ANSTHRLD] Crown consult table and Heraldic Evangelism meeting

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Sep 27 13:03:52 PDT 2004

Daniel and I have exchanged:

> > Somebody offering to carry a heavy load is chivalrous; asking for
> > help is a reasonable action.  Demanding that it be done is not.

> I was not at all serious, but I can see how someone could believe that
> I was being serious and just expressing myself in a way attempting to
> be humorous.  Thank you for the sanity check (ka-boing!).

I was not at all worried that you would do it -- I just wanted to be sure
new heralds wouldn't be tempted.  Some people *do* try to demand service on
just that basis.

> The social dynamic is somewhat different from the "same thing in
> reverse" (snipped) supposed by Robin: Galiena is as Frail a Flower of
> Femininity as any Ansteorran lady (I *have* mentioned how much I fear
> the ladies of Ansteorra, right?), so I think there's a different
> dynamic there than Sir Big Lug.

Yup, but the crucial point remains -- trying to use honor to conscript
forced labor when the chosen victim has an important, immediate,
non-postponable activity is, at best, ineffective.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin