[ANSTHRLD] AAA submission report - finally.

kobrien at texas.net kobrien at texas.net
Tue Sep 28 16:05:16 PDT 2004

There are some problems with names not matching registered forms.  (Which can
cause some major file foobar if it's not caught before registration.)

At the bottom of this message is a list of what I've found in these
submissions.

A general note to heralds helping submitters.  Please don't just trust the
submitter about what their registered name is.  Please look it up in the O&A
and make sure they've spelled it right.  I'm sure Daniel well remembers the
submissions we had to sort out at the Laurel level when two submitters in
Drachenwald, with submissions using the same SCA name, both happened to have
the same mundane name.  The only way things got sorted out was because the
submitters had different birth dates.  They also lived in different countries,
but folks move, so that wasn't a guarantee...

And that's the reason for the birth date field in case anyone asks - to
provide a way to sort out who's who in case of weird coincidences like the one
above.

Mari

> On the September ILoI
>
> 1. Alarich von Thorn - device resubmission

Is this:

Alarich Iarngard von Thorn
This name was registered in September of 1998 (via Ansteorra).

> 7. Pedrog ap Sylvrbeard - device resubmission

I'm assuming this is:

Pedrog Sylverberd
This name was registered in October of 2003 (via Ansteorra).

> Forthcoming on the November ILoI

> 29. Wilhelm won dem Schwartzwald - household name for House Goldwulf

Is this:

Wilhelm von Schwartzwald
This name was registered in October of 1980 (via the West).
The following device associated with this name was registered in October of
1980 (via the West) and reblazoned in December of 1996 (via the West):
Sable, three hearts argent enflamed proper.
The following device associated with this name was registered in December of
1996 (via the West) and corrected blazon in February of 1997 (via the West):
Azure, three flames gules fimbriated Or, each charged with a heart argent.
The following device associated with this name was registered in February of
1997 (via the West):
Sable, three flames gules fimbriated Or, each charged with a heart argent.

> 32. Dierdre ni Raighalligh - new device

Is this:

Deirdre Lasairíona ni Raghailligh
This name was registered in October of 1989 (via Ansteorra).
The following device associated with this name was registered in January of
1991 (via Ansteorra):
Bendy sinister azure and argent, a cat's face Or within a bordure wavy pean.

> 34. Gerard de le Quartier - new badge

Is this <Gerard du Quartier>?

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/names/G.html

Gerard du Quartier. (Northkeep)
Name.
Fast-track accepted 7/01 (AG 9/01) 3.
Laurel registered 11/01.
".
Device.
Fast-track accepted 7/01 (AG 9/01) 3.
Laurel returned 11/01.
".
Device.
ILoI 3/03 14.
Kingdom accepted 5/03 (AG 6/03).
Laurel registered 9/03.

> 37. Elisabeth de Calais - new badge

Is this <Elisabeth Christianne de Calais>?  The name <Elisabeth de Calais> was
returned by Laurel for conflict in 05/2000.

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/hst/names/E.html

Elisabeth Christianne de Calais.
See Elisabeth of Northkeep.
".
Holding name change from Elisabeth of Northkeep.
Fast-track accepted 7/01 (AG 9/01) 2.
Laurel registered 11/01.
Elisabeth de Calais.
See Elisabeth of Northkeep.
".
Name.
ILoI 9/99 11.
Kingdom accepted 11/99 (AG 12/99).
Laurel returned 5/00.

Elisabeth of Northkeep. (Northkeep)
Holding name and device for Elisabeth de Calais.
ILoI 9/99 11.
Kingdom accepted 11/99 (AG 12/99).
Laurel registered 5/00.
".