[ANSTHRLD] Re: Optio

Amanda Bowen reason_prevails at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:52:23 PDT 2004

>But from my limited knowledge, I wonder whether "Award of the Optio"
>would be shot down immediately on the grounds of Optio being a job
>title or rank, not an order or award.  It might have to be "Optio of
>the Sable Star" (shudder) or something.

Or you could make it a job title: something like "Optionis Ansteorrum" might
work. (Sorry if that's not the proper construction - my written Latin is a
little rusty, though I can still read it readily enough.) There would have
to be some research done, assuredly, but there are quite a few people in on
this now, so it shouldn't be so hard for someone to come up with something.
I'm certainly intrigued enough to want to do some research in this vein.
I'll let anyone know if I find something interesting.

Galiana