[ANSTHRLD] What various awards are for

Zodiacus Herald zodiacus at ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 13 15:17:29 PDT 2004

Bridget the Stargazer asked:

> Is there somewhere online that tells what each of the awards is for? I
> thought I had seen this before, but can't find it now.

The award constitutions are by extension part of Ansteorran Kingdom Law, but
they're not physically or electronically attached to it.  The award
constitutions may be found at:

http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/A_constitutions.pdf

It is an Adobe Acrobat document, so you must have at least the Acrobat
Reader installed on your computer.

In the future, the "Honors" button will lead to a page on which there are
buttons for every award, which will in turn lead to a page for that award on
which there is a discussion of the history and purpose, as well as the badge
and/or insignia, for that award.  That is a job I will undertake after the
current technical situation is smoothed out.

> Also, there were a couple of children at Gothic War who out did themselves
> by helping to waterbear. Is there an award that covers this or is this
what
> largess and a "thank you" are for?

This is a perfect example of a situation in which you call up someone and
give *brief* wordfame and perhaps some token of thanks.

> I was told that the Rising Star is for "years of service" from youth of
the
> kingdom.

That is, in brief, a correct assessment.

--Serena, Zodiacus