[ANSTHRLD] Passing the Torch

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Tue Sep 28 06:57:49 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:14:49PM -0500, Stefen and Rhonda Hays wrote:
> After talking with Etienne and Emma, I have decided that it is best to
> transition the office of Asterisk effective with Crown Tournament. Now, it
> was a point of personal pride for me to say that I made the full two years;
> however, after looking at the number of offices transitioning at Coronation,
> the incredible skill set of not only Emma, but Estril, I thought that it was
> best to handover at Crown.

And speaking of Estrill, I'll be transitioning the office of Obelisk
over to her this month as well!

I wish to thank everyone who helped out when I had to jump into the deep
end of the pool with the Gazette way back in 2001. It was definitely a
learning experience then, but I believe this transition will go much
smoother and faster. I am quite sure Estrill will do an excellent job.
Do be kind to her and send in articles and letters! :)

I'll be shifting the Obelisk email address over to her sometime later
this week, but keep sending electronic articles and such to
obelisk at ansteorra.org so she'll get them.  She is also in the Black Star
under Retiarius.

The Heraldic Submissions Tracker (HST) will remain with me, not the
Obelisk office, for the time being.

I look forward to working with you all in my new tenure as Asterisk. As
soon as I know what it is, I'll post my upcoming schedule of decision
meetings beyond December.

In service,
-Emma de Fetherstan

--